About Noughty Hair Care

Noughty Hair Care make and sell a range of hair care products, including four types of shampoo and conditioner, as well as a leave-in conditioner and detoxifying two-in-one shampoo.

Noughty Hair Care
Noughty Hair Care

The main selling point of Noughty is that the products are made up of 97% natural ingredients. The other 3% is made up of the preservatives to stop the shampoo going off once it’s been opened.

The products are free from silicones, parabens, sulphates and petrochemicals. Parabens have been known to cause skin irritation so their products are suitable for sensitive skin. Petrochemicals cause residue and build up, sulphates (SLS) can strip the hair, drying out of natural oils. Silicone also causes hair to become dry so the avoidance of these four chemicals can be really beneficial to maintaining happy, healthy hair.

Noughty Hair Care
To The Rescue shampoo and conditioner

Vegan friendly and cruelty free

All of Noughty’s products are vegan friendly! They do not use any animal ingredients and actively avoid using lanolin and keratin. Lanolin is a fatty substance extracted from¬†sheep’s wool. Keratin is also an animal derived product, being found on hair, feathers, hoofs, claws and horns.

The products are not tested on animals. They have two statements, this is the one from the website: “Do you test your products of animals? Certainly not! Noughty is never tested on animals.

And here is the one printed onto the products: “We don’t believe in testing our ingredients on Bambi, Lassie or Skippy.

To The Rescue?

This particular review is for the To The Rescue shampoo and conditioner. It claims to intensely moisturise as well as transform split ends, snaps and frizz. The shampoo is formulated with sweet almond and sunflower seed, and the conditioner is forumated with shea butter and olive oil.

The smell of the shampoo is light, sweet, and clean. The conditioner doesn’t smell as strong as the shampoo but it’s still nice. The texture of the shampoo is shimmery and it lathers up really well. The lather is so light it feels almost like a mousse and it smells gorgeous in the shower.

Noughty Hair Care
It smells so good!

When you squeeze the conditioner out it comes out it comes out of the tube quite slowly, I think because of the thick formulation, and this is really good because it has stopped me from using way too much conditioner.

I’ve used these products twice now, and the second time I decided to rinse and repeat. This is not something I usually do but it recommends it on the packaging for a better lather. I think I did achieve a better lather on the second shampooing but I don’t think it is necessary to get clean, healthy hair.

Noughty Hair Care
My hair after using To The Rescue shampoo and conditioner

This is a picture of my hair after using the shampoo and conditioner. My hair is fairly long, and not in bad condition, but it is a little bit dry from being colour treated. My hair is naturally quite dark so I have a few blonde highlights throughout the top half. I think the products did help tame the frizz you get with coloured hair, but the Noughty website recommends waiting eight weeks to see a real difference.

Summary

Overall, I’m really happy with these two products. They smell lovely and keep your hair healthy! My hair was not overly shiny after using but it was very soft, and I think the appearance may improve overtime. I would really like to try the leave-in conditioner and see if it helps the overall condition of my hair. One final point, is that I think the packaging of Noughty products is really pretty. I like the colours and the design is not overly complicated.

The shampoo is ¬£6.99 and so is the conditioner. I think this price is okay for the amount of product you get and also as it contains more natural ingredients than others on the market. It’s available at Superdrug and naughtyhaircare.co.uk.